Vacheron traces its history back to 1755 when Jean-Marc Vacheron established his watchmaking firm in Geneva. Francois Constantin joined in 1819 creating Vacheron & Constantin. In 1974, Vacheron & Constantin officially dropped the ampersand from the company name, although its wristwatches had already engraved with the newer title since the 1950s. Among its multitude of watchmaking firsts, Vacheron Constantin invented the winding crown. Today, Vacheron Constantin manufactures superb complications and exquisite wristwatches coveted by even the most discerning collector.